January 3, 2018
Consignor must be
a member of the Northeast Arkansas Angus Association 60 days prior to consignment deadline.
2. All registrations and breeding information shall be in order. These documents shall be presented to the sale
manager upon arrival at the sale barn. Each animal consigned shall have the following:
(a) Printed registration with breeding information completed on the reverse side for females
(b) Health Certificate for each animal including calf at side of dam within thirty (30) days of sale signed by a licensed
(c) Breeding Soundness Exam (BSE) for bulls fifteen (15) months and older
(d) Trichomoniasis Test on non-virgin bulls or all bulls over 2 years old
(e) Virgin Bull Affidavit for virgin bulls under 2
years old including bull calves at side
3. Herd performance records processed through the
American Angus Association’s Angus Herd Improvement Record (AHIR) are highly recommended.
4. Animals shall be tested free or have no carrier ancestor of Arthrogryposis Multiplex (AM), Neuropathic Hydrocephalus
(NH) and Contractural Arachnodactyly (CA).
5. Certified herds must have Brucellosis bleed dates
and anniversary dates listed on the Health Certificate.
6. Each animal is guaranteed by the Consignor.
7. All animals must have legible and healed tattoos corresponding to registration certificates.
8. All animals must be free of active ringworm lesions, warts, mange and lice.
All animals will be
vaccinated for a minimum of the following: BVD (Bovine Virus Diarrhea); IBR (Infectious
Bovine Rhinotracheitis); PI3 (Para-Influenza 3); BRSV (Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus); 7 Way Clostridium; and Lepto-Vibro.
eligible females shall be calfhood vaccinated for Brucellosis (Bangs)
11. Age limit on cows is LESS
than 10 years on day of Sale.
12. Any female over 24 months old; or with calf at side older than 6 months of age must be
pregnancy checked safe in calf and so noted on the Health Certificate by a veterinarian.
Calf at side must not
be over 280 days of age in accordance with AHIR guidelines.
14. Any calf split off of a cow will count as one half
lot for sale expenses.
15. All cattle will be clipped – those not clipped will sell last.
animal that does not meet the sale requirements must be out of the facility by 8 AM on Saturday and cannot be sold on the
17. Sales Manager will set the Sale Order.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BULLS:
1. Bulls must be one (1) year old on sale day and
LESS than 4 years old.
2. Bulls shall be listed in the catalog from youngest
3. Bull Information Sheets will be available to Buyers on sale day
including weights, hip heights, scrotal circumferences and birth weights on each Bull.
Bulls must exhibit frame
score between or including 4.0 and 7.9 (sliding scale 47.0” to
under 55.0” for 12 mo.)
5. All bulls must have a breeding soundness exam performed by a licensed
veterinarian within thirty (30) days of the sale including, hip height, scrotal measurement, penile projection, and semen
test results duly noted on the fertility papers. 12, 13 & 14 month old bulls are NOT
required to be semen tested. Fertility guaranteed by the Consignor.
6. Bulls must meet the following Scrotal Circumference Measurements:
Minimum Age in Months:
Minimum Scrotal Circumference: 32
7. Bulls will be weighed at sale facility and must have a minimum
weight of 2.4 pounds per day of age with the minimum
weight being 1000 pounds. All bulls over the age of 21 months must
weigh a minimum of 1500 lbs.
Consignors must use one (1) of the four (4) following methods of animal identification for all
cattle selling at the
- Silver Bright Tags
- USDA 840 Tags
- USDA 840 RFID Buttons
- USDA Brucellosis Tags
SALE TERMS FOR LIVE (PREGNANCY), FROZEN EMBRYOS & FLUSHES:
All Embryo’s and Pregnancies
must have egg removal date, Sire and Dam registration numbers at time of consignment. This
information is required to register the calf.
- Live Embryo is sold in a recipient cow.
must be verified safe in calf either by blood test or veterinarian
- Seller Recipient cow must follow all vaccination, age and soundness rules as
all registered females.
cow is not to be returned and is part of the sale price.
- Recipient cow does not need to be registered nor black; however, must be
dehorned or polled
- All sales
and subsequent guarantees are between Seller and Buyer.
Frozen Embryos and Flushes:
guarantees are between Seller and Buyer.